Hand lettering: 155 sayings for every occasion
Would you like to learn or use hand lettering, but are currently blocked by suitable sayings ">
Hand lettering is the art of writing meaningful things meaningfully - by hand. The best thing about it: there are basically no requirements, neither with regard to the exact font that you use, nor with regard to the specific statement. The element that is decorated with hand lettering can also be freely selected.
Classic paper or textiles are just as possible as wooden, glass or plastic objects. The main thing is to be creative and individual. The goal is sooner or later - after intensive, passionate practice - to have a distinctive, unique hand lettering style and thus to give short texts a unique touch.
- Hand lettering | claims
- Preliminary remarks
- Romantic hand lettering sayings
- Emotional hand lettering sayings
- Profound / ambiguous hand lettering sayings
- Hand lettering sayings on festive occasions
- Funny hand lettering sayings
- Hand Lettering Sprüche- "classic"
- Closing Remarks
Hand lettering | claims
In this post, you will get 155 ideas for sayings that you can handlet. The range of content is so large that you will surely find suitable content for your next project.
The following 155 hand lettering sayings are divided into six groups .
- deep / ambiguous
- festive occasions
In theory, many of the statements could be divided into several of these categories - they are now assigned to the main topic that we find most appropriate.
In our article "Learn hand lettering" you will find our DIY instructions for hand lettering, including templates and exercise sheets, which are available to you as a free download. We have also created a tutorial for you on the subject of “learning calligraphy”.
Note: If known, the name of the respective author appears on the saying. Some of them are not correct sentences, but only single words. Song titles or lines of text from songs are also part of it - to name just a few examples that are part of the varied list. Feel free to think of a few of your own sayings!
Romantic hand lettering sayings
Words and lines for your darling or other lovers ...
1) You & me!
2) The most beautiful way is the common one.
3) Stay with me. If not forever, then at least forever. (Text line from the song "Ewig" by Peter Maffay)
4) The world is beautiful because you are on it.
5) Individually we are words, together a poem. (Georg Bydlinski)
6) I yours, you mine, we one.
7) I love you from here to the moon (and back).
8) There are many reasons for my smile, but the most beautiful one is you.
9) I love you not only because you are the way you are, but because I am the way I am when you are with me.
10) At first I was in love with you, now I am at home with you.
11) I could travel the world and the ocean blue, but I'll never be home until I'm with you.
12) You are the light that illuminates my life.
Emotional hand lettering sayings
Words or lines that express emotions - joy, suffering, happiness, longing, fear et cetera ...
15) You are missing.
16) Everything is stupid without you.
18) There are three types of people: those who worry about death; those who work themselves to death; and those who are bored to death. (Winston Churchill)
19) A long argument proves that both sides are wrong. (Voltaire)
20) Our life can not always be full of joy, but always full of love. (Thomas Aquinas)
21) Sun cannot be without illusion, man cannot be without love. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
22) Ebb & flow
Profound / ambiguous hand lettering sayings
Words or lines that are particularly thought-provoking ...
24) See the sea.
25) Be the sea. (Song title by Silbermond)
26) Sea always goes.
27) Dream about it.
28) You cannot mow a racing heart.
29) It must come from the heart what should work on the heart. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
30) Distance can separate two bodies, but not two souls / hearts.
31) Some hearts just understand each other.
32) The mind searches, the heart finds.
33) In the end everything will be fine. If it doesn't turn out well, it doesn't end there. (Oscar Wilde)
34) You have to dance life. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
35) Head up, otherwise you can't see the stars.
36) Head up, otherwise the crown will fall off.
37) You have to do good to the body so that the soul wants to live in it. (Winston Churchill)
38) Success has three letters: DO! (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
39) A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
40) And then you have to have time to just sit there and look in front of you. (Astrid Lindgren)
41) Time flies, moments remain.
42) Do what you can with what you have, wherever you are.
43) Not the lucky ones are thankful. It is the grateful who are happy.
44) You have to sprinkle confetti into your life yourself.
45) The real art of living is to see the wonderful in everyday life. (Pearl S. Buck)
46) Be the hero of your life.
47) Each of us has two lives. The second begins when you realize that you only have one.
48) The meaning of life is life.
49) Life is too short for sometime.
50) Never wait until you have time. (Dalai Lama)
51) Now is the new later.
52) If it's too late, we find that waiting was the wrong decision.
53) Die with memories, not dreams.
54) If you don't value life, you don't deserve it. (Leonardo da Vinci)
55) Anyone who tries to keep all doors open will spend his life in the hallway.
56) Everyone wants to be individual. But woe, someone is different!
57) "Love is never without pain, " said the rabbit, hugging the hedgehog.
58) It's nice to be silent with someone.
59) Animals hear our heart when it whispers. Some people don't even when it screams.
60) A goal without a plan is just a wish.
61) You have to try the impossible to achieve the possible. (Hermann Hesse)
62) Anyone who has made a mistake and does not correct it makes a second one. (Confucius)
63) Those who want find ways, those who don't want find reasons.
64) Anyone who makes others small next to themselves is never big.
65) It is not important what you look at, but what you see.
66) You only really were where you were on foot.
67) If you want to give up, remember why you started.
68) Do what you want, but not because you have to. (Buddha)
69) Normality is a cobbled street: it is easy to walk on, but there are no flowers growing on it. (Vincent van Gogh)
70) The rain is like a little applause.
Hand lettering sayings on festive occasions
Words or lines that expressly deal with various celebrations, such as birthdays, Christmas et cetera ...
71) Happy birthday / Bday!
72) Birthday wishes
73) Happy Happy Birthday!
74) Happy Birthday!
75) Warm mantle!
76) Merry Christmas!
77) Happy Holidays!
78) Fairytale Christmas!
79) Ho, ho, ho!
80) Happy Holidays!
81) On the cookies, ready, go!
82) Sweet Christmas greetings
83) Christmas is a feeling.
84) There used to be more tinsel. (Loriot)
85) I feel betta with tinsel.
86) Love and cinnamon stars = Christmas.
87) Baby, it's cold outside.
88) It is very Christmas.
89) Walking in a winter wonderland.
Funny hand lettering sayings
Words or lines that move the laugh muscles in particular ...
90) Coffee is always a good idea.
91) But first: coffee.
92) Yawning is the silent cry for coffee.
93) If I drink more coffee, my blood type will soon be called "Arabica".
94) Coffee reaches places, there is no motivation.
95) My good mood is looking for my motivation - now both are gone.
96) The early bird can do me once.
97) The advantage of prudence is that you can pretend to be stupid. It is difficult the other way around.
98) If someone has a problem with me, they can keep it. After all, it's his.
99) If you don't like me, you still have to work a little on yourself.
100) If stupidity shone, we would have solved the energy problem.
101) There is also a way past the ass.
102) My mood is in the basement. I hope she brings wine.
103) Empty wine glasses are full of stories.
104) And in the end everything makes up a gin.
105) I don't need a bikini figure. I bathe naked.
106) You should have a burst of courage much more often.
107) The grass is asked to grow over the thing.
108) I chill harder than most people party.
109) If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong.
Hand Lettering Sprüche- "classic"
Words or lines that have a certain cult status in society ...
110) Supercalf fragile expialigetic
112) Favorite person
113) Move on.
114) Carpe diem.
115) Always create.
116) Just do it.
117) Just smile.
118) There's always a reason to smile. Find it.
119) Be happy.
120) Good vibes only.
121) Keep calm.
122) Never give up.
123) Believe in yourself.
124) Don't dream your life, live your dream.
125) Dance out of line.
126) Just be yourself. Everyone else already exists.
127) Peace, joy, pancakes
128) Give every day the chance to be the most beautiful of your life. (Mark Twain)
129) Collect moments, not things.
130) Think outside the box.
131) Enjoy the little things.
132) When nothing goes right, go left.
133) Whatever you do, do it well. (Walter E. Disney)
134) Do what you love and love what you do.
135) Learn to dance in the rain.
136) The head is round so that thinking can change direction.
137) A reader lives a thousand lives.
138) Shit happens.
139) Reach for the stars!
140) Open your mind!
141) To love is to live.
142) But my darling, this is not wonderland and you are not Alice.
143) Live every moment, laugh every day and love immeasurably.
144) Be wild and cheeky and wonderful.
145) Just do it. Could be good.
146) Be Pippi! Not Annika!
147) Never say never.
148) Never say never.
149) Life is not a pony farm.
150) Light up the darkness.
151) Life looks better in color.
152) Go your way.
153) Do all things with love.
154) Do small things with great love.
155) Let the adventure begin!
- With one-word letterings, you can decorate this word particularly beautifully, with flourishes and decoration
- The more words the hand lettering spell contains, the more carefully you have to think about which of them you want to weight more and emphasize by the font size in order to reinforce the meaning of the whole statement