Aerated Concrete Stones, Ytong Stones Infos - Dimensions and Prices
- Internationally known and popular
- Various products made of aerated concrete
- Reinforcement in finished parts
- Dimensions and sizes - aerated concrete block for every purpose
- Plan blocks aerated concrete
- Thermoblocks for the fast outer wall
- Strength classes at Ytong
- Costs and prices for Ytong and Co.
- Processing of cellular concrete
Aerated concrete has many good qualities, but this product has little to do with concrete. Often aerated concrete is also named as gas concrete or Ytong stone after the well-known manufacturer. The low weight and still very high strength make gas concrete so popular along with some other benefits. The mineral stone is inflated, so to speak. All facts are shown here.
The basis for aerated concrete is usually a mixture of quartz-containing sand, lime and / or cement mortar. The ingredients are all finely ground and therefore have little resemblance to concrete. The inflated aerated concrete is strengthened by steam hardening. There are now numerous prefabricated elements that can represent complete prefabricated components of a house. There are also bricks in numerous sizes and strength classes. However, Ytong bricks also have small drawbacks, so the absorption of moisture is not optimal. But even beginners and DIY enthusiasts are able to build perfect walls with aerated concrete. Here you will find all information about aerated concrete blocks, their dimensions and prices.
Internationally known and popular
Aerated concrete or aerated concrete is not only highly appreciated in Germany. The first laboratory tests were undertaken by the Swedish architect Axel Erikson as early as 1918. In 1924 he applied for a patent for his process for the production of aerated concrete blocks. As early as 1929, the industrial production of these diverse stones began in Yxhult in Sweden. Therefore, the Yxhults Anghärdade Gasbetong later became the world's first building material brand to be registered. That was of course the well-known Ytong today.
In Germany, however, one was not idle and another internationally known and popular brand for aerated concrete is "lever". In Germany, the first factory for the production of lever aerated concrete was opened in 1943. Company founder was the construction engineer Josef Hebel, who had previously made his own experiments in Memmingen, but independent of the manufacturing processes that Ytong already used.
Various products made of aerated concrete
Today, there are a large number of special prefabricated components and bricks made of aerated concrete. Although the low material density achieves as good thermal insulation of the aerated concrete as bricks do, the sound insulation of aerated concrete still remains behind the brick.
- block plan
- Jumbo plan block
- Jumbo in a double pack
- Corner and soffit stone
- Blinds fall
- Shutter box
- compensation slab
- Ceiling edge insulation paneling
- System-wall element
- partition element
Tip: Sand-lime brick is made in a similar way as the lightweight porous concrete block. The sand-lime brick is also hardened by steam. Similar to aerated concrete, the sand-lime brick should not be exposed directly to moisture. That is, an outer wall of aerated concrete or sand-lime brick requires either a weather-resistant outer skin, such as a clinker brick, or an impregnation by, for example, a coating with plaster or the like. However, the number of dimensions of lime sandstone is far from as varied as that of aerated concrete blocks.
Reinforcement in finished parts
Panel panels, ceiling panels and roof panels made of aerated concrete, similar to comparable reinforced concrete components, contain steel reinforcement. Special wall panels with steel for load-bearing walls are available in the building materials trade. Different dimensions are also available here for the special components. In many cases, however, custom-made products are also made to measure. For walls that have no supporting function, there are corresponding lighter wall panels. However, such prefabricated parts are usually placed or set up by specialist companies with a crane.
Dimensions and sizes - aerated concrete block for every purpose
The usual plan stones usually have a length of 62.5 centimeters and a height of 25 centimeters.
These tiles are available in the following strengths:
- 5 centimeters
- 7.5 centimeters
- 10 centimeters
- 12 centimeters
- 15 centimeters
- 20 centimeters
- 25 centimeters
- 30 centimeters
Tip: If you only need a few aerated concrete blocks that differ from the others you need to install, it's usually not worth buying extra extra sizes. The individual purchase, the prices for aerated concrete blocks often significantly more expensive. Since Ytong is particularly easy to cut, you can adjust the size quickly and easily with a saw.
Plan blocks aerated concrete
Plan blocks are also available in several sizes, which are very practical for many purposes.
- 17.5 inches wide - 59.9 x 24.9 inches
- 20 centimeters wide - 59.9 x 24.9 centimeters
- 24 inches wide - 59.9 x 24.9 inches
- 30 centimeters wide - 59.9 x 24.9 centimeters
- 36.5 inches wide - 59.9 x 24.9 inches
Thermoblocks for the fast outer wall
For well-insulated exterior walls, there are special thermoblocks which, thanks to their excellent thermal insulation, sometimes even make further insulation superfluous. In addition, exterior walls with these thick, large aerated concrete blocks can be erected very quickly, regardless of whether you want to glue or wall the thermoblocks.
- Length 62.5 or 50 centimeters
- Depth 30, 40 and 50 centimeters
- Height 20 centimeters
Strength classes at Ytong
So that there are no confusions when using the aerated concrete blocks, the strength class is usually also marked in color on some stones on each pallet. Depending on the pressure later applied to the wall, it must be constructed of bricks of a different strength class. In the blueprints, the structural engineer usually tells you which strength class has to be used for each wall.
These colors apply to the individual strength classes of the aerated concrete block:
- green - strength class 2
- blue - strength class 4
- red - strength class 6
- black - strength class 8
Costs and prices for Ytong and Co.
For many of Ytong's aerated concrete products, levers and other manufacturers, some of the prices are also based on the amount of stones you pick up for your construction project.
Tip: Since often only the prices for a single aerated concrete article can be shown here, you should always ask for discounts for bulk or complete pallets. It is also important to ask different retailers about the prices for the required quantities.
- Price / m² - cellular concrete slab (62.5 x 25 cm)
- 5 centimeters - 6, 70 euros
- 7.5 centimeters - 10.20 euros
- 10 centimeters - 13.50 euros
- Price / piece - aerated concrete U-shell (50 x 25 x 3 cm)
- Piece about 14, 00 Euro
- Price chart block (59.9 cm x 24.9 cm)
- 17.5 centimeters wide - about 4.00 euros
- 20 centimeters wide - about 4.50 euros
- 24 centimeters wide - about 5.50 euros
- 30 centimeters wide - about 5.70 euros
- 36.5 centimeters wide - about 6.90 euros
- Price for kits
- Lightweight shaft for supply lines - 8 shaft elements each 62.5 cm high - Kit from 250, 00 Euro
- Chimney construction kit - diameter 15 centimeters - height 400 cm - from 450, 00 Euro
- Price flat fall (15 cm wide)
- 125 x 12.5 centimeters - about 22.00 euros
- 150 x 12.5 centimeters - about 27.00 euros
- 200 x 12.5 centimeters - about 35.00 euros
- 250 x 12.5 centimeters - about 43.00 euros
- 125 x 12.5 centimeters - about 22.00 euros
Processing of cellular concrete
One of the biggest advantages of aerated concrete, however, is the extremely easy processing of the bricks, prefabricated elements and planning boards. Optionally, you can wall or glue cellular concrete. Since aerated concrete is manufactured very precisely, it is possible to work very precisely with the gluing of the stones even by a beginner. The joint strength of aerated concrete blocks is between one and three millimeters. This makes it possible to plan a wall perfectly, because the joints remain invisible when gluing the stones. But even with the walls of the aerated concrete blocks can be worked very precisely and accurately.
The stones and elements can be easily adjusted to the required dimensions with a simple saw. Breakthroughs and pipe penetrations can also easily be placed in an aerated concrete block. Thus, the use of gas concrete even facilitates the laying of cables and lines in the wall and thus be cheaper to carry out.
Tips for quick readers
- Walls with aerated concrete blocks very easy
- either wall or glue the stones
- low joint strength at Ytong necessary
- Aerated concrete is easy to cut
- Breakthroughs through stone easy to create
- Aerated concrete offers good thermal insulation
- Quickly create entire walls with thermoblocks
- Moisture absorption of Ytong not optimal
- Soundproofing stays behind bricks
- Note the strength class for specific projects
- Strength class color-coded on stones
- Quantity decrease often cheaper than individual aerated concrete blocks
- numerous special forms available for special purposes
- Ceiling panels completely available with steel reinforcement